Print Thread
Giro del Trentino Discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 25-05-2020 00:09
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Gustavovskiy
Giro del Trentino

Hello and welcome to this historic event in one of the most iconic regions of cycling passion: Trentino. The local tour has been part of the Man-Game since 2010 and has featured some ilustrious winners. Curiously, two of them are present and ride for the same team (Ricco and Panayotov). This year it'll take us through 3 stages: a TTT, a MTF and 2nd day in the mountains but with a flat finish.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/profiles/c2_tre.jpg

Plenty of candidates present themselves here in Italy:

ClimbersMORESACCTTTRating
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/azt.png Eastman 817569pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/azt.png Azteca***
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bia.png Valls797772pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kmm.png Kraftwerk***
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bnz.png Kiserlovski797465pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/eue.png Euskaltel***
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gcn.png Vinhas797360pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ptm.png Petrom**
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ahe.png Panayotov787672pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kof.png Kofola**
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/azt.png Stetina787465pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/nrh.png NENT**
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/cen.png Signorini787274pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/vip.png VIP Mobile*
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/cen.png Manfredi787373pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ahe.png Adastra*
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/eue.png Nibali787153pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/cen.png Centovalli*
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/nrh.png Faiers787573pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gcn.png GCN*

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/azt.png Azteca with their leading star, Eastman, should be the team dictating how things go. They have both the most prominent climber and the favourite line-up for the TTT stage. They even have Stetina who could find a place for himself in the final top10.
The scrap for the top5 then is more interesting. pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bia.png Valls is a solid climber , but will struggle on the first stage. pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bnz.png Kiserlovski might have a better team for the TTT, but has only got Oste-MacDonald for support in the mountains. pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gcn.png GCN leaves Pinot at home, but brings both Potocki and Mr. Party-pooper to the event and a strong squad in both terrains. pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ahe.pngAdastra has two former winners in Panayotov and Ricco and a collective force which should make them an active threat. pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/cen.pngCentovalli don't have much arguments against the clock but they bring another solid climbing squad full of locals. Speaking of locals, there's Lo Squalo and his pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/eue.png Euskaltel buddies, which are not only one of the favourites for the TTT stage, but also feature reliable climbing support. Lastly, pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/nrh.png Faiers spearheads a team with reasonable back-up riders in both disciplines. There was not enough room for pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kmm.png Ablenado at the top10 table of favourites, but being among the best climbers and having one of the best support teams should also make him a rider to remember!

All in all, the ingredients are there for a great race. Good luck everyone!

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Races/C2/Trentino/startlist.jpg

Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png Duolingo pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png

quadsas
In hindsight it was a mistake to pick Andorra instead of this, but I hope a 70 mtn rider wins this now
Manager of the greatest team in the world
DK ┼Żalgiris

Kentaurus
Need the lead from start to finish here, Eastman looks like a very solid favorite for this race.

Jakstar22
Should be interesting. Kiserlovski is strong. I full thought stage 1 was a sprint stage though :lol: Hopefully Von Hoff and Altanzul can help out Kiserlovski here. I'm hoping for a big result!

Ulrich Ulriksen
Always good when your team ranks below the control team. But hopefully that means we might see Haabtemichael in the breaks again.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Luis Leon Sanchez
The double threat of Nibali and Borisavljevic should do pretty well here with this profile. We have a good TTT team, with support coming from Robert, Castrillo and others. Hopefully our leaders don't get dropped, which seems to happen a fair bit.

The second and third stages suit us due to their long climbs which are perfect for a diesel engine climber like Nibali.

We'll hope for the best! And good luck to all others!

ivaneurope
The goal is to not lose ground to the GC contenders in the TTT stage. It may be tough to beat Eastman, around whom Azteca has build this team. If Azteca wins the TTT it'll put every other contender on notice that the chase won't be easy. It'll be in the best interest of every other team to be in close distance after the TTT.
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

whitejersey
Thanks for the report and preview! Really happy with 5th place, it places Faiers with a good chance going into the last two stages of the race!
Non-Pcmgraphical request center:https://pcmdaily.c...ost_471564

NENT Racing p/b Hootsuite Manager

Jakstar22
1'41 is pretty far back. Kiserlovski is a strong climber though so you never know. I am optimistic for a top 5 on GC

Kentaurus
2nd as a team isn't perfect, but at only a few seconds back, it should be no problem for Eastman and company to take over tomorrow then roll on in with a nice GC victory.

whitejersey
Thanks for the report! Actually kinda happy to see Eastman perform, feels like its very rarely the case. Very happy with top 3 stage and top 2 GC for Faiers, he just keeps on doing what I signed him to do!
Non-Pcmgraphical request center:https://pcmdaily.c...ost_471564

NENT Racing p/b Hootsuite Manager

Kentaurus
Finally Eastman does it right. Dominating effort and should put a strong team here in charge for stage three and holding onto the GC lead.

Luis Leon Sanchez
Solid effort from us in the TTT so can't really complain with 3rd there.

Nibali continues his stupendous form with a strong 4th on stage 3 which puts him within striking distance of Eastman and only a second behind 2nd. I'll be very happy with a podium if he can achieve that!

Borisavljevic also looking strong to finish in the Top 10 and sit quite nicely in the GC. Happy for him to sacrifice if that means Nibbles stays Top 3.

DaveTwoBob
Thanks for the preview & reports Gustavovskiy and sorry I missed our fantastic TTT win in stage 1, we invested in TT depth in the off season and it has paid off.

One of the attractions of recruiting Ablenado was he could ride C2 races and I had hopes he could do well.

I thought something was up when Kraftwerk were not chasing, Ablenado should have been able to live with the early pace but he must have been on a bad day.

A fantastic ride from van Zyl saved the day.

Congrats to Kent, Eastman looking good.
Manager of Suntory [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

Kentaurus
Solid job by the team to get the win here, did exactly what was needed on every stage. Thanks for the report!

Luis Leon Sanchez
Well not the most exciting final stage in terms of the GC, well controlled by Azteca which was good for us.

Nibbles 3rd in the GC is another great result from the old Italian which we most definitely take.

Borisavljevic also strong for 8th in the GC and another win in the Youth Classification which is always good to see.

Thank you for the great reports as always! And congrats to those who did well here.

Ulrich Ulriksen
Glad Habtemichael got himself in another break on the last stage otherwise we would have made it through the whole race without meriting a single mention in the reports. Congrats to Eastman. McCormick Pro Cycling is always happy to see US riders thrive.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

ember
Very nice to see you on reporting duties, Gustavovskiy! Thank you for doing that and helping out the others that do a great job for the others involved in the game, including me.

Also a nice race to follow. Well done by Eastman forcing a gap on the Queen stage, not every day you see that in PCM 18. Congratulations on the win, Kentaurus!

ivaneurope
This season is going flushing down the drain with promotion being impossible at this stage
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

jandal7
Nice one Habtemichael! 12th isn't great but he'll learn and hopefully, sometime this season get a solid placing on a break stage Smile
30/12/14 - matt17br said "Sutty's birthday is more important than [Jesus' Birthday]"
[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | The Life And Times | [PCT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing
[CX] Listerijns & Kiwis

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
3x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x3
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png

Jump to Forum: