Users Online
· Guests Online: 20

· Members Online: 1
valverde321

· Total Members: 140,252
· Newest Member: maximoplanko
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] The Rules and Announcements
 Print Thread
Suggestions for the 2020 season
Croatia14
I thought it may be a good idea to start this thread already as the season starts so that we can collect as soon as something comes to our mind. I'd propose that we also collect the key ideas of the proposals and the proposer in this post.

Proposals

sammyt93
If we have Avoid Relegation Goal for PT and top 15 goal in a 18 Team CT division then an Avoid relegation goal for PCT should also exist.

Even if we just raise all PCT Team standing goals by 1 point and have 1 more minimum goal point needed I feel it would make sense to add it in.

SportingNonsense
sammyt93 wrote:
If we have Avoid Relegation Goal for PT and top 15 goal in a 18 Team CT division then an Avoid relegation goal for PCT should also exist.

Even if we just raise all PCT Team standing goals by 1 point and have 1 more minimum goal point needed I feel it would make sense to add it in.

Top 20 isn't far off avoid relegation for PCT, so option here would more be to change that.

CT team standings goals should perhaps be reconsidered, given the gradual decline in division size.

Certainly would want to avoid changing the min/max boundaries, and more focus on balancing of scales within.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

knockout
extending transfer window by a few days

I think we should extend the transfer by a few days. i know the final days of transfers used to be pretty boring and calm for most managers when there were 2 week long windows but we have once again seen several big talents like Kämna or Aranburu being short one overbid from the silent bidding.

Why?

1. It doesnt really delay the start of the season a lot. teams that are finished early can start planning their season already. The time can be saved at other places like planning deadlines etc
2. Late min wage overbids and similar actions can extend FA auctions a lot and so managers sometimes managers are at barely any fault for big wage riders running close to the end of transfers. I think those should still have a bit more time to restructure the rest of the roster to fit those riders in etc and even if only 10% of managers are still looking for changes at the end of transfers, so what?
3. The short transfer window is exploitable by CT and PCT teams in talent auctions. BBL got both Aranburu and Kämna for high wages really late in transfers. PT teams need to loan those out to develop them from level 1, otherwise the signings make absolutely no sense for them. By dragging out the auctions to the point where there would be a silent auction if another team overbids, the (p)ct team can effectively eliminate PT teams from these auctions because at that point it is impossible to loan him out. And one cannot blame the involved managers for not being decisive enough in the bidding because i doubt anyone expected Kämna to go close to 280k either.

Note: I took BBL as an example because he was in two such auctions. I absolutely dont want to suggest he deliberately delayed those auctions. In fact, everyone who has followed his transfer season knows that he only went after those once every other plan failed.

I dont think it has happened previously but i think that is a loophole that we should close before it happens because it makes sense for pct teams to use it after a certain point.
A Big Thank You To All MG And ICL Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/thread.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/thread.png

baseballlover312
knockout wrote:
extending transfer window by a few days

I think we should extend the transfer by a few days. i know the final days of transfers used to be pretty boring and calm for most managers when there were 2 week long windows but we have once again seen several big talents like Kämna or Aranburu being short one overbid from the silent bidding.

Why?

1. It doesnt really delay the start of the season a lot. teams that are finished early can start planning their season already. The time can be saved at other places like planning deadlines etc
2. Late min wage overbids and similar actions can extend FA auctions a lot and so managers sometimes managers are at barely any fault for big wage riders running close to the end of transfers. I think those should still have a bit more time to restructure the rest of the roster to fit those riders in etc and even if only 10% of managers are still looking for changes at the end of transfers, so what?
3. The short transfer window is exploitable by CT and PCT teams in talent auctions. BBL got both Aranburu and Kämna for high wages really late in transfers. PT teams need to loan those out to develop them from level 1, otherwise the signings make absolutely no sense for them. By dragging out the auctions to the point where there would be a silent auction if another team overbids, the (p)ct team can effectively eliminate PT teams from these auctions because at that point it is impossible to loan him out. And one cannot blame the involved managers for not being decisive enough in the bidding because i doubt anyone expected Kämna to go close to 280k either.

Note: I took BBL as an example because he was in two such auctions. I absolutely dont want to suggest he deliberately delayed those auctions. In fact, everyone who has followed his transfer season knows that he only went after those once every other plan failed.

I dont think it has happened previously but i think that is a loophole that we should close before it happens because it makes sense for pct teams to use it after a certain point.

I agree 100%.

I definitely can see how that loophole is created and how my bids exploited it. Surely I bid high on Kamna knowing I could get him 1->3 myself. Thinking about it now, my PT competitors, even if they could afford an overbid, would have been screwed then because they couldn't loan him out. I'm not sure a longer window totally closes this loophole, but it diminishes it.

A bigger reason to go back to two weeks is what made me make moves like that to begin with - a longer window encourages more selling and risk taking. When we moved to the ten day window from two weeks, the reason was that very little activity occurred in the final days. However, the DB and markets were much different then. The last couple of years, we've seen transfers, especially for money, go down considerably. Far fewer sellers and far fewer opportunities.

In turn, fewer sellers and a non-existent cash market means teams can't change their plans and starts selling halfway through the transfer season, because they can't count on flipping that money for another leader, as they aren't available. It's a vicious cycle.

Because of my position as a desperate and frantic buyer, I contacted a lot of people who were both actively selling and not actively selling in the second half of the window. What I found is that a good number of teams were willing to part ways with certain assets and change their look, but they were afraid there wasn't enough time to find a way to use that money. This is a result of the market primarily, as well as my earlier failures, but the shorter window didn't help. Surely more managers could have been contacted and convinced to buy/sell if there was more time, just like I got some people to consider selling. But as it was, many of the big players kind of shut down by mid week and were afraid to act, lest they sell someone without being able to obtain a replacement.

Obviously, I'd be lying if I said that having more deals and movement wouldn't have helped me personally, but I think it would also help the game overall. If trends from this year continue, we're headed for a situation where the only deals that get done are swaps between established leaders, especially as DB deflation takes shape. I think it would be more fun to keep those later, riskier moves in the game.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png

i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
Jump to Forum: