· Total Members: 146,586
· Newest Member: RobTorlot
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Giro d'Italia - Discussion
OlegTinkov
I guess it's time to join forces ember; I will donate Vorobev, Dal Col, Malori and Yatsevich for the first 135km. Then Aker can take over...

Meanwhile Sivakov will protect Kritskiy as long as possible and if you want Taaramäe can do an early attack which will be countered by Rybalkin/Novikov and Kritskiy takes the Maglia Rosa, but we will also settle for 2nd Pfft

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
Eden95
Please, Gregory, do something at all - pleeease.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

DubbelDekker
knockout wrote:
DubbelDekker wrote:
Having a third rider completely drop out of the nice scoring positions would be rough.

Are you aware of the bazillion of points you already got in this race? Pfft

Haha yep, I'm fully aware that I can't complain about our Giro at all in terms of points. Wink

I was mostly speaking from a story and emotional perspective. After following Malecki for more than two weeks, battling through stage after stage and spending every joule of energy in his body to hold on to his great GC position, it would definitely feel like an anti-climactic end to his story if he completely cracks and drops out of the top 40. Despite the fact that that is where he would logically end up under normal circumstances.
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

ember
OlegTinkov wrote:
I guess it's time to join forces ember; I will donate Vorobev, Dal Col, Malori and Yatsevich for the first 135km. Then Aker can take over...

Meanwhile Sivakov will protect Kritskiy as long as possible and if you want Taaramäe can do an early attack which will be countered by Rybalkin/Novikov and Kritskiy takes the Maglia Rosa, but we will also settle for 2nd Pfft

Deal! At least the first part of your suggestion Pfft

SotD
DubbelDekker wrote:
knockout wrote:
DubbelDekker wrote:
Having a third rider completely drop out of the nice scoring positions would be rough.

Are you aware of the bazillion of points you already got in this race? Pfft

Haha yep, I'm fully aware that I can't complain about our Giro at all in terms of points. Wink

I was mostly speaking from a story and emotional perspective. After following Malecki for more than two weeks, battling through stage after stage and spending every joule of energy in his body to hold on to his great GC position, it would definitely feel like an anti-climactic end to his story if he completely cracks and drops out of the top 40. Despite the fact that that is where he would logically end up under normal circumstances.

Logically he would severely struggle to finish inside the top 50 I'd say Smile More likely in the lower part of the top 100. I have these guys placed between 50-100:

Michail Mavrikakis (75MO, 71HI, 69TT)
Charalampas Kastrantas (73MO, 75HI, 62TT)
Nikolaos Ioannidis (75MO, 73HI, 75TT)
Riccardo Zoidl (75MO, 74HI, 76TT)
Ioannis Spanopoulos (74MO, 73HI, 70TT)
Aidan van Niekerk (73MO, 77HI, 65TT)

I guess anyone of those could have been leading the Giro at this point, looking at the stats of Malecki. I thought you were absolutely bonkers to pay 200K for him, despite it being cool to have an (almost) all 70+ rider.

Now I'm definately rooting for you. Also because you most certainly haven't been lucky in the other part of the season, so I know how that bit feels.

To eventually see a rider like Malecki ending up in top 5 of a GT would be a bit meh, but I can't help but root for it a little bit, now we can't seem to catch a break anyway. Whether Bongiorno finish one place up or down doesn't matter much.
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Bikex
Unbelievable... all eyes on Teklehaimanot now

alexkr00
Aru still not even trying. Boswell clearly wants that blue jersey and I have no idea why
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

SotD
Atleast your guys are in the break Sad

I just sit and wait for Bongiorno to end up around 20th after the break and proper GC guys are home just because he is 10th in the preview.

Our only notice was when Spanopoulos got dropped among with some more interesting guys after a pack of 50-60 riders (+ whatever breakway riders are left).
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

knockout
Very good to see Vosekalns in the break.

It feels weird to work at the front of the peloton when you have one of your best climbers in the peleton but i like it. We wouldnt benefit from a gigantic gap of the break as Kennaugh, Bernal, Faglum Karlsson and Brenes are a big danger for Chiarellos GC position and we wouldnt mind if Aker / Tinkoff / Generali still have some helpers later that can make the pace hard again.

Malecki doesnt look as strong today being already closer to the back of the peleton than on most previous stages but now domestiques are tiring again.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

SotD
Right, so Bongiorno is just slowly being killed of in the back of the peloton. I guess 20th was asking for too much. Let's say 28th on the stage then, dropping to 19th in GC.
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 17-04-2021 21:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
tsmoha
So Haig is still riding alongside Malecki and probably losing time on a few other opponents. Great stuff.

knockout
knockout wrote:
Very good to see Vosekalns in the break.

It feels weird to work at the front of the peloton when you have one of your best climbers in the peleton but i like it. We wouldnt benefit from a gigantic gap of the break as Kennaugh, Bernal, Faglum Karlsson and Brenes are a big danger for Chiarellos GC position and we wouldnt mind if Aker / Tinkoff / Generali still have some helpers later that can make the pace hard again.

Seems like we ended up sacrifizing our chance for a stage podium by also sending Blums to the front for quite some time but I'm very much okay in helping our team's friend Taaramae here.

Finally we see the action happening that we've been all waiting for for quite some time and Taaramae looks like the strongest again. Question is how much time he can win on Malecki and whether the Pole will collapse entirely on the final 3k.

From my own perspective, Chiarello looks very very strong today again. Hopefully, Vosekalns can still help him with a strong turn at the front of the group once he is caught - although with Taaramae as his engine that might not matter much anyway. Right now, most of the closest competitors are one group (40s) behind him so if he doesnt crack completely, he might even improve his GC situation which i certainly did not expect before the stage. Fingers crossed.

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

ryant
Got to say yet again Kennaugh is up there in the stage, I like it! Now I only hope that he doesn't completely blow up as some of the favourites inevitably pass him on the road. ¬°Vamos!
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

tsmoha
At least Haig managed to not finish the stage on the same time as Malecki.. Still a huge disappointment, that he (such as many other favorites) is too weak/lazy/stupid to beat this guy big time. Pretty sure that the podium is gone now. It probably won't be a bad GC result, however, the whole story of our race is pretty underwhelming except of a couple of minor stage results in the first week.

Thanks for the workload you put into those reports!

baseballlover312
Now that he's out of pink, Malecki will go in the break tomorrow and gain minutes on Taaramae to win. Pfft

That was an amazing report Fabianski. What a read!
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
cio93
Finally.

Arndt did fine, outclimbed by a few of his peers, but also dropping some good climbers.
Still, he's outside the Top 20 thanks to all the breakaway wins, which is a joke for him. Mager in a surprising 25th at the moment can compensate that, but it's still not good.

matt17br
Absolutely CRACKING performance by Spilak who is completely smashing all expectations as a 78 MO climber. He will certainly not be able to leap ahead of top stage racer Kamil Malecki with only one MTF left, and he's no Chiarello for sure, but he truly rode this stage like he was AT LEAST an 80 MO rider, I mean just look at how easy it was for him to drop the likes of Nesset and Arndt Shock

Spoiler
And wow Fabianski, a 3-part report... that's amazing stuff

Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
roturn
No riders in the break is not ideal. 2nd day in a row unfortunately... When the third week is the most important to do so.

And the second time now Malecki outclimbs all my climbers.... Ridiculous GC leader bonus really. At least good to see Taaramae passing him now. Nothing against Gazelle really but they really score far too much here already anyway.

Tomorrow must be a break by Valls as all his direct rivals are passing him easily by doing so right now.

Thanks for the report. Must admit it was too long even in my opinion. Obviously great coverage sand very detailed but when only having time to follow from mobile, it's very difficult to do so with such detail.

Bikex
Unlucky for Teklehaimanot that the break was caught this time, let's see how much time Reis can loose tomorrow!

knockout
Magnificant ride by Chiarello who stayed 7th and actually improved his GC position to the point that he might even be able to attack Shikai tomorrow while nobody knows whether Malecki might drop more than those 6 minutes after losing the leader bonus. Though i'm still not convinced that Amador and Spilak will stay behind him. One moment of inattentiveness can be costly.

If Malecki will be dropped on the HC climb already I could see him dropping quite far down the top 10 but the final climb doesnt look too hard. So if the peloton stays calm till then, he could still finish top 5.

Outstanding report, i enjoyed every line of it!

For tomorrow i wouldnt mind if we dont get anyone into the break as long as we use the additional manpower in the peloton to support Chiarello. Whether its protecting Chiarello, chasing down early attacks by Amador, Shikai, Nesset, etc or even chasing in front of the peloton to drop Malecki early, might depend on the situation but i want to defend his GC place which will easily be the best Evonik GT result ever and it will be worth more than the low chance of being the strongest in the break as long as we use Naud, Eislers to already control the gap of the break to the peloton from the beginning till the foot of the mountain.

Jump to Forum: