· Newest Member: w164409683
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Badaling International Discussion
alexkr00
Gerts' cobbles training already paying off Pfft

I didn't expect much from Boswell here since I thought mountain stat will play an important role, but that really isn't the explanation for his result since Gerts did so good. I guess Boswell really let himself go after being dropped.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

valverde321
alexkr00 wrote:

:lol:

Quite happy with the result, of course, I was hoping for the solo victory after a very aggressive attack to get the real action going. In the end, as I predicted Kinoshita was edged out by the riders with a better SPR, but I also think he was probably the strongest on the day, a good sign to come. too bad Serry couldn't grab a decent placing too, the extra points would have been nice.

Fabianski
What a great way to let the fellow PT managers know that you're back in the house - congrats, UBS! This season's most expensive rider already delivered, improving his 3rd place last year by two spots. 2nd place for Hagen is definitely no shame, but still annoying to miss out on back-to-back wins by a single spot.
But the highlight for the locals must be that 17th place by Niu - tremendous result!

Thanks a lot for another great report, cunego - definitely worthy of a PT season opener Smile

knockout
I'm far from happy with how the game handled my dual leadership and the result was certainly far from ideal for me but this race has never been too kind to me so i had to expect sth like that.

Lopez was strictly used as domestique. I did hope that he would rather join attacks instead but one race is far too little sample size to overreact. Especially since the result would have looked better for us if Skujins didnt just completely fail on the last climb where he had terrible positioning and finished last out of the front group. A bit confusing though why Lopez was used so early when others like Riesebeek or Marzuki still looked to be part of that group.

A big positive was that the expected depth points arrived with Riesebeek finishing a very strong 20th, Marzuki 30th and Sergis just inside the top 50 too. If we keep chipping those points throughout the season, then that can be an important factor too.

Another positive out of this race is that 6 of the top 7 finishers probably wont be in the fight for a top 5 team result this year with Koretzky the only one who could end up hurting us in the longterm though some of them had pretty solid depth scoring.

Interesting is that the climbers/stage racers like Taaramae, Guldhammer or Roglic didnt play a role here. Seems like the route change had quite a big effect on this race.

Congrats to bushwackers, starting with a victory post promotion is special! And thanks for a great report!
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

DubbelDekker
Expected to see a slightly stronger Formolo to be honest. Hope he just had a mediocre day. Nice overperformance from Kangert though. With Tratnik and Karnulin also finishing top 50 we still get a decent amount of points.

Congrats UBS!
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

ryant
Well to say this was poor probably doesn't do it justice! Pfft

I'd say hopefully this wont be like the rest of the season coming but I'm not too confident in that assessment... Even though Bellis did attack, falling away to nothingness is a bit worrying and I hope the reason we failed here was that it was just a bit too mountainous here rather than the more sobering thought that we aren't good enough!
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

ember
Thank you for the report, cunego59! That was also some good racing, I really enjoyed the report Smile

Cool to see Ponzi hit the ground running, an obvious key for UBS' season.

Kwiatkowski's 6th place is good. What is more worrying is the lack of any presence at all from Taaramäe. I can only repeat what knockout wrote above regarding two leaders. The sample size is too little to overreact and fear the worst, but the start isn't good. Fingers crossed we turn it around in East Java and Hallstatt, where they'll line up together again.

Roman
Bad start for my team. Expected quite a bit more from Sagan. Thanks for the report.
Manager of Moser - Sygic

OlegTinkov
Another amazing race by Kolesnikov, very good report, I almost started to believe he could make it Pfft

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
Ad Bot
Posted on 11-04-2021 14:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
SotD
alexkr00 wrote:

Bah! Pfft
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Eden95
Helloooo relegation
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

tsmoha
Hopeless, but of course this had always to be expected with this lineup. They really should have tried to show our colors in the breakaway though.

the_hoyle
Ponzi starting the season with a bang and repaying some of that large salary he is earning!

Great report to start off the season cunego
.: Manager of :.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gcn.png GCN Racing [MG] pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gcn.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
.: My Awards :.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/graphicartist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/artist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/graphic%20artist.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/jersey.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/jersey%20designer.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/avatar.png

Scorchio
Congrats to UBS on the Ponzi victory. A number of us seemed to have thought there was an outside chance that stage racers might have worked here, but appears not to have been the case at all.

For ISA - Hexacta on our PT debut, not a lot to cheer. Bad positioning nearly caught us out a couple of times early on, and out nominal terrain leader Vakoc didn't break the top 50. I note that similar stat peers KHJ, Boswell, etc., also underwhelmed, so maybe just stat combo with this particular parcours type. As is a team hallmark, at least some depth scoring above the minimum participation points from 3 in the 30-50 slots.

Rich and detailed report, thanks for that to cunego.
Manager of ISA - Hexacta in the MG

CrueTrue
Looks like something we've seen before - with Ponzi outsprinting everyone. But good performance by EBH - great start to the season.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
cio93
Looks like I forgot to comment here...

But there's not much more to say than YIKUI NIU anyway. Pfft
Race to forget about for everyone else, but he is one great rider.

Jump to Forum: