Users Online
· Guests Online: 23

· Members Online: 4
markene2, Ollfardh, Sykkel_Freak, Ricardo Teixeira

· Total Members: 146,487
· Newest Member: w164409683
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] The Rules and Announcements
 Print Thread
[2020] Rider Renewals
Ad Bot
Posted on 11-04-2021 14:16
Bot Agent

IP: None  
roturn
baseballlover312 wrote:
Just a DB note: a bunch of the 33+ riders who were FA's last season have not been decreased. I know personally I see it in my former riders, such as Razzie, Breschel, Aistrup and CAS.

I reckon this is probably fine as they wouldn't get a contract this year if they didn't last year anyway, but just something to make note of.

Just checked and had 2 riders being wrong. But Breschel etc. aren`t those imo.

At least not in my file any longer.

baseballlover312
roturn wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Just a DB note: a bunch of the 33+ riders who were FA's last season have not been decreased. I know personally I see it in my former riders, such as Razzie, Breschel, Aistrup and CAS.

I reckon this is probably fine as they wouldn't get a contract this year if they didn't last year anyway, but just something to make note of.

Just checked and had 2 riders being wrong. But Breschel etc. aren`t those imo.

At least not in my file any longer.

I'm still using the first file that was uploaded, so it might have been changed since then, or my math is off. I knew Aistrup was always 73/77 and he's still that in my DB at 33, so that was what made me look at others.

In any case, thanks for looking into it. Wouldn't have an impact regardless I reckon.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
redordead
Another DB note: the following riders still need to have special characters removed from their first or last names. I feel this is something that should be done before transfers.

Spoiler
Pokälä Samuel
Hümbert Michael
Räim Mihkel
Ünalan Recep
Vainionpää Oskari
Flückiger Mathias
Schönberger Sebastian
Betancourt Agüero Paul
Schäppi Martin
Kämna Lennard
Pietikäinen Sauli
Karagobek Muhammet Eyüp
Brändle Matthias
Jäger Patrick
Hähnel Frederik
Mäoma Silver
Taaramäe Rein
Stöhr Jan
Müller Patrick
Schär Michael
Renäng Viktor
Brüngger Nico
Stöhr Pavel
Hänninen Aleksi
Mäder Gino
Sütterlin Jasha
Würtz Mads
Hänninen Jaako
Schädlich Lucas
Selig Rüdiger
Flügel Aleksandar
Stüssi Colin

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

cio93
I still don't understand the need to remove umlauts from the DB, they can easily be copy&pasted during transfers if need be and as a native German speaker, they make a big subjective difference. Not our fault that Brits and Americans can't pronounce them.

Flügel is an actual word, Flugel is nonsense. Nordic languages without ä are boring.

Fabianski
I second cio's opinion on this. Unless there are problems with PCM due to special characters, I'd prefer not to remove them. I don't bother copying characters I can't easily type on my (Swiss) keyboard, but I can somewhat understand it's annoying for reporters if they have to type the same name over and over again. My personal solution to this is to type it "wrong" (i.e. without any special chars) and then do a global replace with the right version.

Anyway, I'll continue writing about Mäder, Guillén and Cissé, even if they're spelled differently in the DB.

quadsas
cio93 wrote:
I still don't understand the need to remove umlauts from the DB, they can easily be copy&pasted during transfers if need be and as a native German speaker, they make a big subjective difference. Not our fault that Brits and Americans can't pronounce them.

Flügel is an actual word, Flugel is nonsense. Nordic languages without ä are boring.

Well if you get to keep umlauts I want my č ė š ū and ž in there aswell
Manager of the greatest team in the world
DK Žalgiris

SotD
I could say the same about Æ Ø and Å in the Danish language, but as the game is played in English it would hardly make sense.

I would write the name correctly in the HQ, but can easily live with the fact that Sørensen is Sorensen in the DB.

Østergaard partially means East, while Asbjørn partially means bear. Grøn means green and so on.
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

redordead
cio93 wrote:

If that's the case, then also bring back all the other characters that are missing.

Slavic languages are boring without the: Č, Ć, Š, Đ, Ž, Ď, É, Ě, Í, Ň, Ó, Ř, Š, Ť, Ú, Ů, Ý etc.

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Marcovdw
Quoting previous year's thread for the exact reason special characters were removed:
- Rider and team names lost any special letters, which could lead to different excel versions to struggle with such as "Ø" or "è" or "í" etc. As this was rather annoying coming to race results and rankings, those are gone in the following season.

So ranking files were incorrect with teams/riders having different spellings depending on the reporter
Manager of Minions

quadsas
Marcovdw wrote:
Quoting previous year's thread for the exact reason special characters were removed:
- Rider and team names lost any special letters, which could lead to different excel versions to struggle with such as "Ø" or "è" or "í" etc. As this was rather annoying coming to race results and rankings, those are gone in the following season.

So ranking files were incorrect with teams/riders having different spellings depending on the reporter

This shouldnt even be a discussion, of course remove all the special characters, its ridiculous that some people actually have a problem with that. You know how its pronounced, reporters and managers in general shouldnt have to google every other name to type it out correctly
Manager of the greatest team in the world
DK Žalgiris

roturn
Normally I would agree. But there were often issues with any kind of special letters with different reporters using different excel versions or free open source excel software and suddenly the symbols automatically were deleted or changed.

As some formulas use the names as vlookup, this leads to problems with the rider name not being identified until manually changed.

So I decided, it would simply be easier to avoid any issues by deleting special letters from any rider/team name.

That said, ü,ö,ä are special letters that I think use to work the best still and not sure those three made issues at all, which is why they are probably still in. Most of the others, in especially the Scandinavian symbols or those used a lot in Eastern Europe do lead to lots of struggle.

Eden95
Pretty sure I already have my file, have been flat out but will have a bit of time to get through everything this weekend
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

CrueTrue
Air France is ready to go.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
roturn
Deadline for renewals: Wednesday 23/09/2020

With goals online, all can now do the renewals. And it's important to speed things up now.

cio93
Will we get the remaining race profiles before that deadline?
Crucially, some of those missing are rather relevant to me.

baseballlover312
I can start as soon as I get my budget. Goals are done.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
roturn
cio93 wrote:

All profiles not posted yet are likely to be similar to every season.

Will try to get them done asap obviously though.

redordead
roturn wrote:
cio93 wrote:

All profiles not posted yet are likely to be similar to every season.

Will try to get them done asap obviously though.

Profiles are important in my opinion.

For example it says Volta a Portugal is going to be basically the same as last year, but it's changing from 11 stages to 9 stages. That to me is a significant change and without seeing said change, I would find it hard to glean any information from it.

Croatia14
Yes, profiles are important, But there is no way they should affect renewals tbh. It's a stretch to say goals need to be done for renewals, I can understand that for relegating teams, but waiting for profiles just to wait for goals just to wait with renewals is not understandable to me, especially since this still is a game and nothing where you earn your money with where you have to be 110% spot on.
ICL20 // Euskaltel Story // Can't Slow Down // 21 and Done // Dreams of a Viper

since 2018: Radsim'05: Astana
Most Improved Team 2018 & 2019 // Manager of the Year 2018, 2019 & 2020

PCM.daily Awards:
Most Improved Member '16 // MG New Manager '16 // Thread of the Year (PCT Roundtable Analysis) '17 '18 '19 // Most Helpful Member '18 '19 '20 // MG Team of the Year (Isostar - Adriatic) '18 // MG Manager of the Year '18 '19 // Member of the Year '19
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
i.imgur.com/X7eDBRB.png

RSM-news/PCM.daily 2019 DB Updates: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
PCM.daily DB 2020 Updates: 1 // 2 // 3
PCM.daily Expansion Pack for PCM20 Updates: 1 // 1.5 // 1.8

Fabianski
Well, I won't fix my goals until I get the profiles, either... I'm done with renewals, though, so that shouldn't be much of an issue Pfft.

Jump to Forum: