· Newest Member: RickRoll87
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
Isostar - LimeBike [PT'19]
Croatia14
2019: One last Hurray in Spilaks prime

After hanging on to the Top10, Isostar set their goal in repeating that success in Pro Tour. There were ideas to using him to create space for another big stage racer, but our offer just wasn't good enough. Instead, we kept our Slovenian core, basically changed domestiques and swapping Thomas Faiers out for a much better Stage Racer and real second option in Martijn Keizer.

But that's not all of the story. Some movements and a lot of loss in depth enabled us to train Matej Mohoric. While being still eligible for u25 racing, Matej Mohoric has tuned himself up to 83 Hill at just 25 years of age. That makes him a contender in the Top5 for hilly classics, and will ensure a bright future for him no matter the opponent. On top, we hope that with this investment there is a new Slovenian star in the world of cycling, that can offer us consistent big time results.

i.imgur.com/QNFCJhG.jpg

What do you think we can achieve with the squad this season. Where do you think our strengths and weaknesses are? Let us know!

Ad Bot
Posted on 08-12-2019 01:14
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Yellow Jersey
Mohoric mate DAMN Pfft Actually, I hadn't noticed you got Keizer, amazing rider and your GC team is really strong to tackle the GT's.

baseballlover312
God, there is a reason new dev riders aren't trainable by 25 anymore. That is insane. Shock
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png

i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
SotD
Weakenesses - Cobbles and flat sprints (sort of)
Strength - Everything else!

I’m quite curious to see how resistance work for puncheurs. Obviously Spilak is great, but is he better than Mohoric f.e.?
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

AbhishekLFC
The Slovenian cycling dream is alive and well Grin

An excellent squad that should definitely improve on your position last season. Mohoric looks like the next big puncher star with the big guns declining already or soon enough!

Croatia14
@Yellow Jersey: Yeah Keizer and the Mohoric training are the real differences from last season, hopefully they pan out well.

@bbl: What a shame Sad otherwise I would've gone higher for Pogacar Wink

@SotD: The cobbles weakness was part of a roleplay move to ensure space for Per and Polanc to develop. Also I can guarantee you that from two years on Per will face massive training, so only a short-term leader would've really made sense. Flat sprints indeed are a weakness, we got Van der Sande at least for damage limitation there but Kump will surely focus on other sprints. Vuelta f.e. could be his main target this year.

Resistance seems like it has an impact, but not many pure puncheurs are much better. Mohoric training also mainly had roleplay reasons. But I think he should be a top5 scoring puncheur now.

@AbhishekLFC: Thank you very much. His main rival now seems like Lutsenko and Kinoshita for the future, both fairly young and both trained in offseason. Thank god Kinoshita is PCT. We work hard on living the dream of course Wink

Croatia14
i.imgur.com/Lh0xVoR.png

Season Opener

As it has been tradition for the Pro Tour circus, the season started in China at the Badaling International, taking place on a circuit from Beijing to the Great Wall region, back and forth. Same as last year, Matej Mohoric was our captain. This time he did loads of work in offseason to make sure that this time Estonian Martin Laas wouldn't steal his show. Oh, and Laasu left for Popo4Ever anyway to seek some more racing freedom.

The race saw us taking the initiative, chasing the break with the likes of Viatcheslav Kusnetzov and Jetse Bol. However, when the big attacks went flying also our team went missing, and Matej could not compete in the decisive move, having to chase his way back alongside compatriot Toms Skujins of Latvia.

While the duo made contact alongside several others on the finishing climbs, they surely had to spend a lot of energy on making it back. At the end of the day Mohoric finished top of his group and took in several riders on the final drag, but not enough to reach seven riders including the winner, main favourite Edvald Boasson Hagen.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Races/PT/Badaling/mg19_bad_22.jpg

At the end of the day the 8th place is kind of okay as it was the minimum goal to reach the Top 10. However, it is necessary to step up the game in the next races if we wanna compete with the best of the best. Especially depth score has to pick up, as the team showed an underwhelming effort after positioning Mohoric with no rider in the Top50 besides our puncheur star.

Result

1Edvald Boasson HagenAir France - KLM6h29'29
2Peter SaganMoser - Sygics.t.
3Simone PonziFablok - Bank BGZs.t.
4Sean De BieAegon - Lavazzas.t.
5Jan BakelantsIndosat Ooredoo - ANZs.t.
6Alexey LutsenkoSPAR - Siam Cements.t.
7Tejay Van GarderenT-Mobiles.t.
8Matej MohoricIsostar - LimeBikes.t.
9Toms SkujinsEvonik - ELKOs.t.
10Nikias ArndtTeam Puma - SAPs.t.
53Ruben GuerreiroIsostar - LimeBike+ 3'50
54Jetse BolIsostar - LimeBikes.t.
60Jan PolancIsostar - LimeBikes.t.
73Daniel Alexander JaramilloIsostar - LimeBike+ 4'35
91Aleksandar RomanIsostar - LimeBikes.t.
117Hermann PernsteinerIsostar - LimeBike+ 7'57
132Vyacheslav KuznetsovIsostar - LimeBikes.t.

Croatia14
i.imgur.com/Lh0xVoR.png

Probably the best day in Isostar flat racing history has happened at Stage 1 of Tour of Qatar, where the Isostar-scouted and developed rider, who now is home on loan again, Gasper Katrasnik took an enormous win from the breakaway. What a show of power, determination and guts to attack with the heart in the hand, then push to the limits and then just hold off both breakaway companions and sprinters for the win.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Races/PT/Qatar/mg19_qat_s01_17.jpg

Look how beautiful he shines in yellow!

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Races/PT/Qatar/mg19_qat_s01_22.jpg

hillis91
Great to see Gasper doing work for you while on loan Wink
i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png
i.imgur.com/t8UX9zz.png
i.imgur.com/5dUeeMH.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/jerseydesigner.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/graphicartist.png

Jump to Forum: