PCM.daily banner
18-04-2021 12:42
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 34

· Members Online: 3
manuel, redordead, AleexxB

· Total Members: 146,590
· Newest Member: Zakumi007
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2017 » PCM 17: General
 Print Thread
PCM 17
Ad Bot
Posted on 18-04-2021 12:42
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
MacC
Last year was the first year I skipped since 2006- never regretted it.

If I don't see serious improvement in the management side I'll happily go without again.

the thought of it though has led me to return to a PCM 2013 save which I am still enjoying
 
Naturalhighz
Am I the only one who never do the races myself? I like the management part and setting things up but I always felt like doing the race was a waste of time because a simulation would give a much more realistic result.

Saying that, I just want the management side to be better and don't give a flying fuck what happens to the race animations etc.
 
Avin Wargunnson
Naturalhighz wrote:
Am I the only one who never do the races myself? I like the management part and setting things up but I always felt like doing the race was a waste of time because a simulation would give a much more realistic result.

Saying that, I just want the management side to be better and don't give a flying fuck what happens to the race animations etc.

You are some serious masochist, because you can hardly speak about something like "management" side of the game. It is laughable compared to other manager games and only thing that is great in comparsion to other manager games is 3D racing mode...but sadly that is also ruined by idiotic AI and gameplay since PCM11.

I am not buying the game this year and all the relatives were instructed to not buy it for me. (wife spoiled my protest last year) Pfft

Vote with your wallet people!
I'll be back
 
Dusen
It seems like this will be another year that I will skip Sad

I just don't see enough work done on the career mode. Like the pacing idea, and if the training have been done a bit better, it's all stuff that points in the right direction.

But overall I need to see a whole hearted focus on career, for me too buy the game again.

How do the rest of you feel?

Btw: Clans, really?? What is this, Counter Strike xD
 
swsquires
If they still haven't fixed the finances, the goals system, season planning and signing riders I won't bother either. Some of the basics that are still fundamentally flawed after so many years really show a lack of effort to offer their clients (i.e. us) a quality product.
Simon
 
georgebooo
swsquires wrote:
If they still haven't fixed the finances, the goals system, season planning and signing riders I won't bother either. Some of the basics that are still fundamentally flawed after so many years really show a lack of effort to offer their clients (i.e. us) a quality product.


+++
 
Cliche-au
I agree, I also miss PCM 2006 when you got to pick leaders, co leaders, sprinters etc, this made it extra interesting in terms of team balance.

Unfortunately PCM seems to bring in cool extra management steps, then phase them out, usually when upgrading the management side. This game should have all the cool stuff we like from previous versions of the game.
 
daddytorgo
Pacelines are great though. If other stuff isn't screwed up worse, that could make a huge difference.
 
binga58
Can we download the game early so it is ready to play on release date?
 
Ripley
Cliche-au wrote:
I agree, I also miss PCM 2006 when you got to pick leaders, co leaders, sprinters etc, this made it extra interesting in terms of team balance.

Unfortunately PCM seems to bring in cool extra management steps, then phase them out, usually when upgrading the management side. This game should have all the cool stuff we like from previous versions of the game.


And all the functions are still in the database. Including "to hire leader X you'll also need to hire his favourite domestique". I wish such things would at least remain optional, adjusting the game to your own liking.
 
boork
We know it will not be a perfect game, but I am still looking forward to it, and I am certain it will be a fun version of the game to play. Only 4 days left now and I am starting to get excited for the release.
 
Backlash
Hi guys! Newbie here btw.

Does PCM work in iMac running windows? My iMac is the 21.5 one with Intel Iris Pro 6000.

Thank you!
 
Djordje96
Backlash wrote:
Hi guys! Newbie here btw.

Does PCM work in iMac running windows? My iMac is the 21.5 one with Intel Iris Pro 6000.

Thank you!


You shouldn't have problem running PCM on iMac VirtualMachine(Where is windows).

I would ask all the people from the Balkan to contact me so that we can create our community.


List of Balkan countries:
- Albania
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Bulgaria
- Croatia
- Greece
- Kosovo
- Macedonia
- Montenegro
- Romania
- Serbia
- Slovenia
- Turkey
 
http://steamcommunity.com/id/icemanpcm/
MacC
I don't get this "paceline" thing- how is it different to relay?
 
Masterblaster01
MacC wrote:
I don't get this "paceline" thing- how is it different to relay?

I believe it's designed to make a train with your team and your team only. With relay other teams can put in a rider, with the paceline you can put all of your own riders in the positions you want them to, just like in a sprinttrain.
At least, i hope that's what it means hahaha.

So in that case it would f.e. be usefull to put good FL riders in front with your best climbers behind when approaching a climb. The FL riders pull you towards the climb, putting your leaer in a good spot and the good climbers take over when climbing, one by one in the order YOU put them Smile
Or in windy stages, very usefull for making echelons, leader in the last wheel so he uses the least energy f.e.


2 more days! Looking forward to it! Gameplay changes are making me enthousiastic! Banana Took them long enough to accomplish that EmbarassedCool
image.prntscr.com/image/95-CbkKXQ6q8_gxIVC71wg.jpg
 
cio93
The viability of this depends a lot on whether a simple protection still saves more heart rate than this or not.
If the effects are very similar, it's a good gameplay element. If protecting is more efficient, it just looks cool.
 
Forza-Diavolo
Is there anyone who has an SS over the best mountain riders and on hills?
 
billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
Paul23
I am definately not pre-ordering(nobody should), but I could see myself buying it, when the db comes out. They said that the AI will improve, pacelines look interesting...I wanted that feature since PCM 10.

But yeah, I'll have to see.

@Avin: "Voting with your wallet" doesn't really work on small devs. They will then just cut that game completely. They need that money of that game to survive, whilst big companies like EA are also starting to cut off the games, when they don't bring the money(sadly).
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png
 
Avin Wargunnson
Paul23 wrote:
I am definately not pre-ordering(nobody should), but I could see myself buying it, when the db comes out. They said that the AI will improve, pacelines look interesting...I wanted that feature since PCM 10.

But yeah, I'll have to see.

@Avin: "Voting with your wallet" doesn't really work on small devs. They will then just cut that game completely. They need that money of that game to survive, whilst big companies like EA are also starting to cut off the games, when they don't bring the money(sadly).

No problem for me, better not issue any game than same broken shit every year, i hope more of you will realize it. When you released last good game in series in 2011, no need to continue really...
I'll be back
 
Paul23
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Paul23 wrote:
I am definately not pre-ordering(nobody should), but I could see myself buying it, when the db comes out. They said that the AI will improve, pacelines look interesting...I wanted that feature since PCM 10.

But yeah, I'll have to see.

@Avin: "Voting with your wallet" doesn't really work on small devs. They will then just cut that game completely. They need that money of that game to survive, whilst big companies like EA are also starting to cut off the games, when they don't bring the money(sadly).

No problem for me, better not issue any game than same broken shit every year, i hope more of you will realize it. When you released last good game in series in 2011, no need to continue really...


Since I have around 330h clocked in Steam with PCM 16, I tend to disagree. I enjoy that game every year.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png
 
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Who won?
Who won?
PCM06: Funny screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet roturn 1,801 PCM$
bullet fintas 1,620 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 1,599 PCM$
bullet Abhish... 1,425 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 1,400 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet jseadog1 1,200 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 1,200 PCM$
bullet valverde321 1,200 PCM$
bullet AbhishekLFC 1,200 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 1,100 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 0.50 seconds