PCM.daily banner
21-01-2020 17:20
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 18

· Members Online: 2
Afonso Mendonca, Croatia14

· Total Members: 140,261
· Newest Member: henrikdk
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
Vuelta al Pais Vasco 2017
Forever the Best
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Matthews is hardly a star you want to attract to your race? Hmm,okay, dont know what to say on that, same with your desire of flat stages being more selective...you can write an open letter to riders in Pais Vasco to move there asses, as it is not fault of organisers that stage is not selective, riders make the race.

And you have wrote "completely flat", which is obvious nonsense and i reacted on that, no reason to turn around it. Or you deny that it was written?

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
This is just another argument that is so fallacious.
Which route was better, 2015 Giro or 2014 Giro? Which race was better, 2015 or 2014 Giro?
The people who do a race design thread in cyclingnews forum, parlamento ciclista and APM are designing many great races. But the organizers of the races make shitty routes lots of the time.
Edited by Forever the Best on 07-04-2017 16:57
 
Forever the Best
@Avin this years route had 4 stages out of 6 where a big group sprint was likely. Pais Vasco has been a race for explosive climbers with some muros. Stages 3 and 4 could have been so much better but they didn't climb the climbs who would make stage 3 and 4, GC stages with great action, especially stage 4.
 
emre99
great racing today, valverde obviously the strongest, wonder what happened to contador but hope valverde wins the race. Smile
#FREELANDA #FREELIA MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

emre99's stages
Thread of the Week : Tour of California 2014
-Official PCM World Cup 2016, 10th best keirin player in the world Wink
PCM.daily Awards : 2 Nominee 0 Award Pfft
Daily Song Contest WINNER! With Foals - Mountain at my Gates with Greece!
1 like 1 girlfriend
''I call you the stage god. You are the stage god.'' -baseballover312, 15.07.2016
 
Kalach
emre99 wrote:
great racing today, valverde obviously the strongest, wonder what happened to contador but hope valverde wins the race. Smile


What should have happened to contador?
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
_____________________________________________
PCM Velogames Championship - Top Results

* 1st Tour de Romandie ('19, '18)
* 1st Tour de Pologne ('19)
* 2nd Tour of California ('19)
* 2nd Tour de Suisse ('18)
* 3rd Autumn Classics ('19, '18)
* 9th Spring Classics ('18)
 
Shonak
emre99 wrote:
great racing today, valverde obviously the strongest, wonder what happened to contador but hope valverde wins the race. Smile

Looked like he lost the 3 secs due to Samu's crash.
Unleash the Landa!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png

"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V
"Landismo never dies" - Landa

 
Riis123
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Matthews is hardly a star you want to attract to your race? Hmm,okay, dont know what to say on that, same with your desire of flat stages being more selective...you can write an open letter to riders in Pais Vasco to move there asses, as it is not fault of organisers that stage is not selective, riders make the race.

And you have wrote "completely flat", which is obvious nonsense and i reacted on that, no reason to turn around it. Or you deny that it was written?

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
This is just another argument that is so fallacious.
Which route was better, 2015 Giro or 2014 Giro? Which race was better, 2015 or 2014 Giro?
The people who do a race design thread in cyclingnews forum, parlamento ciclista and APM are designing many great races. But the organizers of the races make shitty routes lots of the time.


No.

- Riders make the race. They can just attack on the flat, god damnit. They just don't want to.

- The shorter the stage, the better racing. Because that totally won't result in teams being stronger and being more able to control affairs and such. Don't need long stages, they are too boring anyways.

- The shorter the time gaps, the more excitement. Even though the racing is totally shit due to just how less opportunities there have been to take time, we don't know who will win - and thats whats its all about!

Most of this is irony. Well, everything.
 
Croatia14
Sammy Sad I would've loved to see him winning in Pais Vasco one more time Sad
 
AndreasEng
95% of Riis posts are complaining, why do you even watch?
 
Alakagom
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Matthews is hardly a star you want to attract to your race? Hmm,okay, dont know what to say on that, same with your desire of flat stages being more selective...you can write an open letter to riders in Pais Vasco to move there asses, as it is not fault of organisers that stage is not selective, riders make the race.

And you have wrote "completely flat", which is obvious nonsense and i reacted on that, no reason to turn around it. Or you deny that it was written?

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
This is just another argument that is so fallacious.
Which route was better, 2015 Giro or 2014 Giro? Which race was better, 2015 or 2014 Giro?
The people who do a race design thread in cyclingnews forum, parlamento ciclista and APM are designing many great races. But the organizers of the races make shitty routes lots of the time.


Yea well its easy to design good route when you don't care about $$$$$$$$$

It doesnt take much genius
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png


pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png
 
Forever the Best
Alakagom wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Matthews is hardly a star you want to attract to your race? Hmm,okay, dont know what to say on that, same with your desire of flat stages being more selective...you can write an open letter to riders in Pais Vasco to move there asses, as it is not fault of organisers that stage is not selective, riders make the race.

And you have wrote "completely flat", which is obvious nonsense and i reacted on that, no reason to turn around it. Or you deny that it was written?

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
This is just another argument that is so fallacious.
Which route was better, 2015 Giro or 2014 Giro? Which race was better, 2015 or 2014 Giro?
The people who do a race design thread in cyclingnews forum, parlamento ciclista and APM are designing many great races. But the organizers of the races make shitty routes lots of the time.


Yea well its easy to design good route when you don't care about $$$$$$$$$

It doesnt take much genius
The 3rd stage of this years Pais Vasco would have had the finish in the same place, San Sebastian; but with Igeldo from harder side:
www.altimetrias.net/usuarios/graficos/igeldo98.gif
Or Bordako Tontorra (the final climb used in San Sebastian) :
fotos.subefotos.com/64beb2bd50cd88ef263454f3f290bc5ao.png

Likewise with the 4th stage which would have still finished in Bilbao but could have used the last 4 climbs LS did in the Race Design Thread) :
https://forum.cycl...7#p1834127

Both the 3rd stage and the 4th stage would still go from A to B in both the original and the alternative routes, but how they go would be different. So there shouldn't be a monye problem in this case.
 
Kalach
https://www.bmc-sw...l_sanchez/

Damn it. He could win that stage :/
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
_____________________________________________
PCM Velogames Championship - Top Results

* 1st Tour de Romandie ('19, '18)
* 1st Tour de Pologne ('19)
* 2nd Tour of California ('19)
* 2nd Tour de Suisse ('18)
* 3rd Autumn Classics ('19, '18)
* 9th Spring Classics ('18)
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 21-01-2020 17:19
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
Avin Wargunnson
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Matthews is hardly a star you want to attract to your race? Hmm,okay, dont know what to say on that, same with your desire of flat stages being more selective...you can write an open letter to riders in Pais Vasco to move there asses, as it is not fault of organisers that stage is not selective, riders make the race.

And you have wrote "completely flat", which is obvious nonsense and i reacted on that, no reason to turn around it. Or you deny that it was written?

Hahahahahahahaha :lol:
This is just another argument that is so fallacious.
Which route was better, 2015 Giro or 2014 Giro? Which race was better, 2015 or 2014 Giro?
The people who do a race design thread in cyclingnews forum, parlamento ciclista and APM are designing many great races. But the organizers of the races make shitty routes lots of the time.

Oh really? I should probably show you my plans to build a new rocket space ship, it is fantastic, it does not need fuel and travels to Moon in five seconds. Shame it cant be built in reality and i am just a dreamer, who knows shit about actual building of a space ship.

So what did you say about some internet people building better routes than race organisers, that have real obstacles and things to solve when building a route for the race? Please open your eyes, you cant just click your route and play the wise guy. Smile

And yes, i can only repeat my argument that is so hillarious for you. Riders make the races, no good or bad routes.
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 08-04-2017 09:33
I'll be back
 
Riis123
So essentially, to take it to the extreme since its so black and white to you, a GT consisting of 21 flat stages or 21 mountain top finishes, or 21 time trials, would be a no worse a GT than a balanced GT with plenty of opportunity and not least incitement to attack from afar and generally just good, solid route design. Like the great 2015 Giro he was referring to above, to take one example. Or the even better 2010 Giro design which proved to be the best GT iI've seen (not even close).

You are basically saying that that is totally irrelevant to the watchability. Its 100% the riders, 0% the route, who determines whether it will be a good race, a mediocre one or a bad one.

Needless to say, I don't agree one bit with that argument, but I'll look forward to you defending that stance. Smile
 
Selwink
No Sammy Sanchez in the TT today, as a consequence of an injury he got in the crash. Not entirely unexpected I think.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens
 
Shonak
Contador doing the climb on a road bike when everybody else used the tt bike. Probably because of his style. Hope the change will be fast at least..
Unleash the Landa!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png

"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V
"Landismo never dies" - Landa

 
Shonak
Lol useless Trek mechanic, the change taking way too long. one job dude blaster-foren.de/styles/default/xenforo/smilies.blaster/dozey.gif
Unleash the Landa!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png

"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V
"Landismo never dies" - Landa

 
Shonak
Contador 12 secs faster than Izagirre at the intermediate. Nice. Good choice to ride with the road bike and being able to ride int he usual style. Get that fifth win, Bertie! Smile
Unleash the Landa!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png

"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V
"Landismo never dies" - Landa

 
Colnago
Valverde +9 sec
 
matt17br
Keep on riding Alberto <3
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png
 
http://v.ht/Matt17
Shonak
This will go down to the wire Frown
Unleash the Landa!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/team.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/manager.png

"It’s a little bit scary when Contador attacks." - Tommy V
"Landismo never dies" - Landa

 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Vuelta a Colombia Discussion [Cont-Man-Game] General 83 17-01-2020 09:01
Vuelta al País Vasco Discussion [Man-Game] General 103 16-01-2020 22:38
Vuelta a Colombia - Stage 6 [Cont-Man-Game] HC/C1 Results 1 16-01-2020 08:04
Vuelta a Colombia - Stage 5 [Cont-Man-Game] HC/C1 Results 1 15-01-2020 08:15
Vuelta a Colombia - Stage 4 [Cont-Man-Game] HC/C1 Results 1 14-01-2020 00:11
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
La vuelta 12 - Arrate
La vuelta 12 - Arrate
Cycling Manager Online: Tour de France
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet Vien 19,234 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 12,401 PCM$
bullet baseba... 11,404 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 11,392 PCM$
bullet Yellow... 10,076 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet baseball... 12,956 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 12,355 PCM$
bullet trekbmc 11,294 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 11,093 PCM$
bullet Vien 10,000 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 2.68 seconds