PCM.daily banner
27-02-2020 02:50
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 33

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 140,490
· Newest Member: aseted
Donate
View Thread
 Print Thread
Café Pedro 11: The Spammish Inquisition
rogvi97
baseballlover312 wrote:
When I first started playing PCM, there was this special aura around it. It was just so fascinating to finally be able to play as the cyclist I watched on TV, in the same races they did. I just wanted to try every single team and race and learn as much about the sport as possible. I don't know if that's because I was so young or because it was new to me, but I didn't even really think about the game quality itself. The fact that it existed was enough for me. Over the next few years that lasted and progressed as I got more involved on this forum and YouTube, seeing the community possibilities and talking with so many great new people.

I still pop on PCM 11 or PCM 15 every so often when I'm super bored, but other than that I've moved on. Even if I wanted to, my computer really can't handle games at all anymore. I'm here for the discussion and the people.


Same,I had a killer save at the 11 edition in my old computer (recently got a new one) and managed to get pretty far with EuropcarPfft So it sucks a bit now to start all over with Jumbo Visma for this year's version.:lol:
No signature available
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 27-02-2020 02:50
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
Yellow Jersey
Big off-topic but maybe someone has the same feeling. I've watched GCN for like 5 years and I've always loved it but this year, despite having some amazing videos, some are just rubbish, and for example James Lowsley really doesn't cut it out for me as a presenter.

Now I was watching the Vuelta Preview show and seeing they don't know when a rest day is and then saying Dani Martinez missed Utah due to a crash and broken wrist/finger when that happened over two months ago, I don't know I just felt like going on a rant :lol:
 
Gustavovskiy
Yellow Jersey wrote:
Big off-topic but maybe someone has the same feeling. I've watched GCN for like 5 years and I've always loved it but this year, despite having some amazing videos, some are just rubbish, and for example James Lowsley really doesn't cut it out for me as a presenter.

Now I was watching the Vuelta Preview show and seeing they don't know when a rest day is and then saying Dani Martinez missed Utah due to a crash and broken wrist/finger when that happened over two months ago, I don't know I just felt like going on a rant :lol:

I still enjoy them a lot, but it's inevitable that with the growth of the channel they would end up being less likeable, especially since Matt parted ways. Hank doesn't have the charisma, but I'm used to him tbh and his sort of stuntman persona in the group. I used to enjoy their mistakes as when they had that amateurish/goofy style of presenting. What I really can't stand is the "It's one of my favourites" joke whenever they cite a scientific journal. We got it at the 300th time, but they still keep on cracking that pun.

That said I still watch about 30%+ of their uploads.
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png Duolingo pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png
 
Yellow Jersey
I still watch lots though and will keep doing it, when Matt left it was sad but they stopped making videos with Tom Last and Jon Beavan and migrated Cannings to another channel which overall was quite a bummer, but the overall feel is that they tend to use Opie/Lowsley to fill up dead space and they just don't fit in the general picture, maybe it's just me that didn't like such a sudden change in the channel last year with the growth, cause I don't dislike it due to popularity.
 
SportingNonsense
cio93 wrote:
On that broader topic though, is SN still alive? Frown


Last time I checked, yes. Smile

I never really intended to have another extended period of absence, but just reached a point where there weren't enough hours in the day, and some things had to give. Not with the intention of it being for so long, but it just became easier to avoid, because with PCM.daily I've never been very good at stopping myself from getting too involved, taking up too much time (with sleep usually being the sufferer...). And certainly around the start of this year, I didn't have any time going spare at all.

Amongst other interesting things in the past year, I've bought my first house, and ridden a bike abroad in 5 different countries - including Luxembourg (which was obviously a thrill!). And having been in Canada for a few weeks recently, I've discovered for the first time just how much jet lag can suck.

Apologies for any MG-strife that my absence may have caused. I think in general, it's a good idea to utilise out of forum communication methods to get in touch with anyone that is missing for a while, if there's a question to ask, a file that is needed, a task that needs doing, or just a wish to see them back! It won't always work, but it helps. I've read an awful lot of 2018 season reports this evening anyway!
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg
 
Aquarius97
So great to have you back here SN!

I guess we all have those times when we feel like we have too many stuff to care for so little time. I myself had the same feeling too lately, which end up in very little activity outside MG and barely making any comments there except for the races where my team was there, and doing no reporting since i finished La Vuelta iirc
Manager of [MG] Repsol - Netflix


pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png
 
Sykkel_Freak
Great to have you back, SN! Smile
 
tsmoha
Welcome back, SN! First house, Canada.. That doesn't sound too bad at all Wink
 
Miguel98
Welcome back SN! Grin
Mobil - Aeropostal Ciclismo Manager at the Man-Game

Mobil Aeropostal HQ

i.imgur.com/xW61Tc3.jpg
 
http://twitter.com/CiclistadoCouto
valverde321
Welccome back SN, hope you enjoyed Canada.
 
Gustavovskiy
Great to have you back, you legend!
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png Duolingo pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png
 
Yellow Jersey
Welcome back SN Pfft
 
kirosha
Yellow Jersey wrote:
I was watching the Vuelta Preview show and seeing they don't know when a rest day is


Talking about cycling-related YouTube channels I cannot resist from recommending this guy Lanterne Rouge. He talks about race strategies, tactics, reviews pro's training rides and previews upcoming big races and analyses recent events as well. He's just 15k subscribes and only recently started to upload videos on nearly daily basis.
 
Champ_Armstrong
idd
He is really joyfull to watch.
Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
 
Ian Butler
Interesting times in cycling.

Evenepoel in Sebastian.
Bernal in the Tour
Pogacar in the Vuelta.

You know what they remind me of?
Of my old stories from PCM. Super young and OP Grin
 
matt17br
Ian Butler wrote:
Interesting times in cycling.

Evenepoel in Sebastian.
Bernal in the Tour
Pogacar in the Vuelta.

You know what they remind me of?
Of my old stories from PCM. Super young and OP Grin

Hey Ian long time no see Shock!
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png
 
http://v.ht/Matt17
Ian Butler
matt17br wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:
Interesting times in cycling.

Evenepoel in Sebastian.
Bernal in the Tour
Pogacar in the Vuelta.

You know what they remind me of?
Of my old stories from PCM. Super young and OP Grin

Hey Ian long time no see Shock!


Real long time Smile
Hope all's well with you!

A bit off-topic, but more on-topic for a cycling game forum than this thread in general:
Anyone else feel like Sagan lost his love for cycling? I'm not following cycling very close anymore, but some of the gusto has seem to gone out of him. Definitely his playfulness isn't what it used to be.
 
roturn
Might be cycling, but might also be due to his divorce I assume.

Surely not his very best season despite some ups as well of course.

That said, his Bora cooking shows and other Bora videos during the Tour e.g. were still his playful self.


And obviously also nice to see you around at times Ian. Wink
 
Aquarius97
He has said a few times in the past years that Road cycling bores him. He's also known for being quite lazy when it comes to training. So you mix it with his divorce and you get that he's basically the only Bora rider that hasn't improved his results this season. Anyway, i think (and hope) that is going to win the WC again Pfft
Manager of [MG] Repsol - Netflix


pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png
 
sutty68
SportingNonsense wrote:
cio93 wrote:
On that broader topic though, is SN still alive? Frown


Last time I checked, yes. Smile

I never really intended to have another extended period of absence, but just reached a point where there weren't enough hours in the day, and some things had to give. Not with the intention of it being for so long, but it just became easier to avoid, because with PCM.daily I've never been very good at stopping myself from getting too involved, taking up too much time (with sleep usually being the sufferer...). And certainly around the start of this year, I didn't have any time going spare at all.

Amongst other interesting things in the past year, I've bought my first house, and ridden a bike abroad in 5 different countries - including Luxembourg (which was obviously a thrill!). And having been in Canada for a few weeks recently, I've discovered for the first time just how much jet lag can suck.

Apologies for any MG-strife that my absence may have caused. I think in general, it's a good idea to utilise out of forum communication methods to get in touch with anyone that is missing for a while, if there's a question to ask, a file that is needed, a task that needs doing, or just a wish to see them back! It won't always work, but it helps. I've read an awful lot of 2018 season reports this evening anyway!


Nice to see you back getting involved again !!!!
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Be A Pro - Pedro Delgado Career PCM 19: Stories 2 10-07-2019 14:07
[Free Agent] Pedro Pablo Pereyra [Man-Game] Transfers: Free Agents 1 20-07-2018 12:37
[Free Agent] Pedro Sequera [Man-Game] Transfers: Free Agents 1 20-07-2018 00:00
Be a Pro - Pedro Delgado -´90 Season PCM 17: Stories 6 07-05-2018 20:29
Carles de Andres and Pedro Delgado comments PCM 15: General 6 11-08-2017 03:35
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Best rider
Best rider
Cycling Manager Online: Tour de France
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet dominox 739 PCM$
bullet baseba... 711 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 700 PCM$
bullet Ripley 680 PCM$
bullet jandal7 602 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet baseball... 13,456 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 12,855 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 11,593 PCM$
bullet trekbmc 11,294 PCM$
bullet Vien 10,000 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 0.22 seconds